Flower Show Awards information Landscape Design Council Awards Habitat for Humanity Award Landscape for Public Places Award Mae Scott Tapestry Landscape Award
Gardening Consultants Council Awards Container Gardens AwardEdible Gardens Award
Environmental Consultants Council Award Jean Lowry Sustainable Landscape Award (rev.08_2022) CAR-SGC AWARDS CAR-SGC Awards Information Youth Work Awards and Contests NGC Youth Contests FGCMD/CAR-SGC High School Essay Contest
- What Can I Do to Get Recognition for my Club?
- The awards program recognizes the outstanding achievement of clubs and members at the District, State, Regional and National levels. We encourage all clubs to participate.
- FGCMD Award Categories: A complete list of FGCMD Awards is available in the Awards Manual.
- Almost every award should be submitted to your District Awards Chairman first for review. Contact your District Awards Chairman first for any questions regarding the application or requirements.
- The awards year is January 1 – December 31, but the due date varies for different awards. Unless otherwise noted, applications must be received by your District Awards Chairman by October 15. State applications are judged according to the size of the club determined by number of members on whom NGC dues are paid, including garden club members, Affiliates, State Life Members, etc.
- 1. Small Club: 20 members and under
- 2. Medium Club: 21 - 50 members
- 3. Large Club: 51+ members
- Award Applications – General Guidelines
- All Award Applications can be found on the FGCMD website. Refer to the award to determine the appropriate application form. Some awards need no application form.
- 1. Any Federated Garden Club of Maryland is eligible to apply.
- 2. The project or activity must have been completed by October 15. If the club project is not completed by October 15th, submit the award application the following year.
- 3. If the project / activity has won 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place or Honorable Mention the prior year, the project or activity may not be submitted for an Award in two consecutive years.
- 4. Only one project or activity per award is acceptable.
- 5. If the same project is eligible for various awards, submitting exact duplications of the application is not acceptable.
- 6. The Application packet is limited to three (3) printed pages, front-side only, including photographs. The FGCMD/NGC Award Application Cover Sheet is separate and must accompany the three (3) pages of award information. Exceptions are listed under the award.
- Tell the club “Story”; remember that the evaluators do not know the club.
- Address the criteria listed on the appropriate scoring Rubric.
- Use clear language in the text.
- Select photographs that show the beginning, middle and end of a project.